Thursday, November 29, 2012

Brewing Wish List

Good day to you all my fellow zymurgists!

I haven't been online in some time, so I thought I'd take a moment and share my most recent discovery, or rather, my thriftiness.

Having been in the online community for several homebrewing supply stores, I started actually crunching some numbers. Originally, I thought I was stuck paying several thousands of dollars to have the set up for all-grain, with some tasty add-ons, taken care of. Well, that is totally not the case.

After digging around Northern Brewer's site, I found that I could accomplish my goals for a touch over $1,500, and that is including tax & shipping!

The wish list currently stands at this so far, and I don't expect it to change a whole lot:

  • Megapot-15 Gallon (ball valve, brewmometer, false bottom)
  • Wort Chiller-3/8"X25'
  • Yeast Starter Kit 2L
  • Vortx Stir Plate
  • 5 Gallon Keg System
  • CO2 Cylinder 10 lbs.
  • Double-mesh Stainless Strainer
  • Bayou Cooker
  • Deluxe All-Grain System-10 Gallon
  • JSP MaltMill Model A (Case Hardened Rollers)

Granted, that is still quite a bit of money, but I can very easily begin the process of saving up for it all, or do it piecemeal. I know the kegging, all-grain, and new kettle are the top of my list, but the rest of it are just ways for me to make the process, especially the end product, better.
I am also contemplating buying a old keg from a bar or distributor, taking it to a machine shop so someone can plasma cut the top out and use that as my new kettle. Considering that is dependant on the whim of the universe, I am not holding my breath for a quick turn around. Should anyone reading know someone that could help, I would gladly repay them with some home brew (wink wink).
Well, that is all I have for this post, but stay tuned. I have a few recipes I'm working on and some updates to old ones coming soon.
As always, drink well and be merry. Slainte!

No comments:

Post a Comment